Vedanta

Vedanta

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Gwyneth Paltrow: “I start every day with ayurvedic meditation!”

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed that she begins every day with an Ayurvedic Meditation session to prepare her for work.

After learning to meditate in 2011, Gwyneth Paltrow has quickly become similarly enthusiastic about her mental practice.

Did you know, that most emotional, physical and mental health issues are actually rooted in your biological set up?
Take this FREE 3-Minute Test by Lissa Coffey to understand how you can be implementing ayurvedic meditation to free yourself right now.  Click here for more information.

During her birthday in 2012, she asked her fans not to bring any presents, but to make a donation to David Lynch’s foundation for teaching TM to those most in need. In October 2014, Paltrow offered all road crew members the chance to learn the technique.


Gwyneth Paltrow’s formula for absolute rest
The actress practices the technique every morning while sitting on her bed with her eyes closed for about 20 minutes to make sure she is relaxed and in a good mood before she starts work.

“I start the day with Transcendental Meditation. It puts me in the best mood. I wake up and just prop myself up in bed for 20 minutes. It’s the only time my mind gets absolute rest,” Gwyneth Paltrow says.

“It’s something that’s with you for your whole life,” Paltrow says. And she is keen to emphasize the practical, day-to-day value of practicing meditation.

“You learn your mantra, it never leaves you, and it’s the deepest rest your brain gets. For people that are so creative and have this kind of creative faucet that never turns off – it just continues and continues – it can be a little exhausting.

And, you know, with the continual responsibility of having 127 people on the road, and always being the point person for everything, my subconscious is going even when I’m sleeping.

I’m dreaming about whatever I’m creating next, or relationships, or blah, blah, blah. So I’m never really off. And meditation is actually the one time I get to really reset,” the actress told Rolling Stone Magazine in August 2014.

“I’m not the poster child for Meditation, but when I do do it, I literally can feel the neuropathways in my mind opening up.


It’s almost like a halo is created around my head and things just start vibrating again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment